Friday, June 20, 2008

The maiden voyage

So this is my foray into the blogging universe.
I have always felt that blogging was catering to a person's self-important tendencies. But I am coming to think that is a good way of keeping up with people in your life. I have a friend with whom I rarely get to spend time with anymore. She keeps a regular blog going, so I am able to keep up with what is going on in her life. Of course, it does not replace picking up the phone and calling her, but we both lead busy lives and it is difficult to carve out time.
An explanation on the name of my blog. It comes from a song by John Mellencamp, "Between a Laugh and a Tear." The line goes "I know there's a balance, I see it when I swing past." I often feel like that, like I am swinging between extremes. One moment life makes sense and I am on my game, in a zone. The next moment I am spinning plates, waiting for them to come crashing down. I know this is a common experience for a lot of people, so maybe you know what I'm saying.
And a word to anyone who may stumble upon this, I many times feel I am perhaps the most uninteresting person that I know, so don't expect high art here. Don't even expect proper grammer, though I will try my hardest.
Peace.
C

No comments: